Twittereen: Costume Contest
Voting runs 8am to midnight today. Visit the GDoc with all #globalmath #twittereen contestants listed. Please vote only one time.
Next Tuesday (Oct 30) at the #globalmath meeting we will be celebrating #twittereen. This tradition goes way back to 2011 when a bunch of us dropped our regular Twitter avatars in favor of “dressing up” as a Twitter friend/celebrity/enemy. Check out Lisa’s summary of 2011 hijinks.
How do we want to run the #globalmath meeting on Oct 23? Leave your ideas in the comments. When we have consensus (or when Thursday at 11pm hits), this post will be updated to reflect our final plans. That gives you the weekend to come up with a great costume. I just wonder if I can get my sista to dress as my twin:
- Dress up as your favorite Twitter avatar and take a picture.
- Set it as YOUR avatar on Oct 30 just before #globalmath.
- Join us on BigMarker for the Costume Contest!
- Continue with open-ended discussion, meme sharing, and general laughs.
- Leave your avatar up for Halloween, reap the laughs as people make connections all day long.
Make us guess who you are dressed as. We heap praise on you for amazing creativity. We vote on the best costume. #globalmath attendees can win fame! fortune! and prizes! Only the last one is actually true.